Thursday, January 20, 2011

Home For The Holidays

I know, I know ... it's mid January and I'm just now posting about our holidays! I took an extended holiday break and visited with my family in Northern Michigan through the middle of January. Our internet was intermittent at best so I decided to wait until our return to blog about our holidays.

Al and I flew to Michigan just before Christmas and enjoyed the holidays with my parents, my sister Jess and her family. Unfortunately Al had to return to Germany on the 28th but I stayed behind to enjoy a little extra time with family. My sister and parents even pulled "Kelty Duty" so I could fly to Orlando and work a shift at Disney to keep my show approvals in Fantasmic! and keep my employment status! Here is a little photo recap of our holiday break ....

We rode the snowmobile ...

And any other thing that could take on the snow ...

Put the kids in matching PJ's on Christmas morning ...

We kept family traditions ...

Loved our gifts ....

We had a full table for Christmas dinner ...

John Charles shared a few of his gaming skills with Kelty ...

The kids performed countless concerts ...
(Topping the charts were: I Gotta Feeling, Sweet Caroline, Iko Iko, and Hoedown Throwdown)

We played in the snow ...

We sang some more ...

We met up with a few old friends and took the kids sledding ...

Kelty decided to play dead ...

Sang even more ...

The kids played ...

We watched movies ...

So now I sit back in Germany ... in a dusty house (Christmas decorations still up), surrounded by piles of clothes (clean and dirty), sorting through toys (trying to figure out where to put everything), and totally jet-lagged! If you were home with us for Christmas you'd probably realize this is a REALLY short recap of events, but it was this or nothing ... I knew if I waited any longer to recap then it never would have happened ... and years from now I'd look back on the blog and wonder what the heck happened to Christmas 2010! :o)

For family ... let us not forget:

~ The great search for Hailey

~ Jess and I fearing we lost our hubbies to a partially frozen lake, in the dark, with no phone and no flashlights and NO contact for HOURS

~ Miche purse shopping

~ Coffee

~ Lost teeth

~ Airplanes ... airplanes ... airplanes

~ Popcorn and movies

~ ... and so much more!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a blast while you were up here. Kelty seems to like the whole playing dead thing eh? Hehe. Too bad you're not up here now - we've got TONS of snow for sledding now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails