Thursday, February 18, 2010

Boycotting The Bed ...

Who else but Kelty? The last several weeks Kelty has considered a new adventure to sleep in places other than his bed. He always ends up in his bed eventually, but it doesn't always start that way ...

His favorite little spot seems to be in the little nook at the top of the stairs. We have floor heat and the tiles in that corner are really warm. The 2nd runner up is the space behind the glider/chair in his room ... it's like a little cave! Kelty's 3rd spot of choice is NEXT to his bed! If we are having a rough night with Kelty or when he's sick ... Al or I will lay down a comforter and sleep next to his crib ... Kelty thinks this is quite fun and occasionally joins us on the floor. I won't lie ... I love cuddling up next to Kelty and it's something that is VERY rare. He hasn't formed a habit out of this yet but I do love those few cuddle moments we get!

... a little nap time in the nook at the top of the stairs.

Last night I came upstairs to grab some laundry ... I found Kelty had once again made a bed for himself. He brought out a pillow, blanket, his blankie and Teardrop (his doggie) ... how cute!

*Pink Eye Update*

Kelty's eyes are improving ... poor little stinker has it in both eyes along with a double ear infection. You'd think all this would slow him down ... now way ... he's his normal, active little self! I was surprised about the ear infection ... Kelty never shows any signs but it has become habit for the doc to check his ears whenever we bring Kelty in. His ear infections reoccur approximately every 2 months ... if he averages 4 within a 6-month period, his pediatrician will consider ear tubes. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the route we end up going. *Sigh*

4 comments:

  1. That is soo cute!

    I have chronic double ear infections, and I've had them since I was an infant. Not to offer unsolicited advice, but, what really helps me is putting garlic oil drops in my ears. Antibiotics don't help me anymore because I took them constantly as a child. I would highly recommend looking into more natural alternatives; it doesn't hurt! I sure wish that my mom had when I was younger! (Plus, the garlic oil drops clear up my infections in a day or two! SO quick!)

    Anyways, best of luck with conquering the ear infections and pink eye!

    He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to offer more unsolicited advise, but thought I would throw my two cents in.

    I agree with Caroline, you might want to look in to more natural alternatives. Isabella was the same way around that age and we stopped giving her the antibiotics and started letting her body fight it off. You also might want to think about bathing him in the morning and putting wax in his ears to stop water from collecting in the ear canal. You might want to also try to wash hi hair only a few times a week while it is cold outside. Again that should help the water from collecting in the ear canal and stop some of the ear infections. Now Isabella did get really sick a few times but in the end it has paid off. We have not had an ear infection in over a year.

    Good luck with the pick eye by the way!!! At least you only have one little one and not four!!! I hate when one of the kids gets sick because that means ALL of them are going to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! My little guy has been sleeping beside his bed lately. I have no idea where that came from. I bet that heated tile feels nice!

    Good luck with the pink eye and ear infections. At least he feels well enough to resume the (crazy) normal toddler behavior!

    And thanks so much for the grocery store idea. I'll be taking my camera the next time we go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my page. I really do love Cayden's school. It makes it so much easier to know that he is being cared for when I have to work.

    I am so sorry that Kelty keeps getting ear infections! Poor little guy! And now he has pink eye in both eyes too? But as someone else mentioned, I'm sure it is helpful for you that he's not slowed down. I don't remember if I wrote about Cayden's breathing problems. We have to put him on a nebulizer a few times a day because he has been wheezing. It makes me almost cry every time we have to do it, but now it doesn't even bother him at all. I think kids don't always know how bad things are until they see us react.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails